Closing Date: 30th September 2017
- Entries can be typed, handwritten or sent to us as an MP4 or video format (must be legible).
- A £10 entry fee must be paid at the time of entry.
- Entries must be in English.
- Poems can be on any subject, written in any style and there is no line limit.
- Employees of Bonacia Ltd. and members of their families or households are not eligible to enter Poetry Rivals.
- You can use a pen name, however, your actual name, along with your postal address, must be clearly written on the back of your entry.
- Poems received that are deemed inappropriate by the editor(s) will be put forward for an alternative publication, which may or may not offer a prize. The editors' decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Top 100 poets eligible for publication will receive notification in writing. A copyright form will be provided asking for permission to publish the work and confirmation that the work is the author's own original writing. At this time, authors will be asked to claim their five free copies. No purchase is necessary. If you do not return your form, you will not be included in the Top 100 finalists' edition, nor will you receive your five free copies. To be in the Top 30 shortlist and invited to the final, you will need to be published in Poetry Rivals 2016 Top 100 finalists' edition.
- The published Top 100 finalists will be chosen by our Editorial team and Mark Grist, our slam host. Poetry is subjective; therefore poems will be chosen based on their creativity, use of language, impact, originality, message and interest. Their decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The Top 30 shortlisted finalists will be announced on our website and invited to the slam final to perform their poem.
- The 30 finalists will be required to read their poem out to the judges and audience at the Poetry Rivals Poetry Slam. The winners will be selected and announced at the Poetry Slam. The judges' decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- To be eligible for a prize, the finalists must return their copyright forms to be included in the Poetry Rivals 2016 Top 100 finalists' edition, and also attend the Poetry Rivals Poetry Slam Final.
- The prize is a pamphlet publishing contract with Burning Eye Books.
- The winner's name, photo and poem will be used for publicity purposes.
- By attending the final, you accept as part of the Terms & Conditions that your photo may be used for publicity purposes.
- By entering Poetry Rivals, you have accepted the Rules and Terms & Conditions of the competition.
- Entries can be posted to Poetry Rivals, Coltsfoot Drive, Woodston, Peterborough PE2 9BF, or submitted via our Upload page.
Confirmation of delivery will be completed automatically if your poem is emailed or uploaded. If you post your poem and require acknowledgement of receipt, please include a SAE. Bonacia Ltd. cannot confirm receipt of any entries by telephone.
These rules were last updated on 29/07/16