- Only one entry per person. (Can be typed or handwritten. Must be legible.)
- Entries must be in English.
- Poems can be on any subject or written in any style and there is no line limit.
- Employees of Bonacia Ltd and members of their families or households are eligible to enter Poetry Rivals, but are not eligible to be shortlisted as finalists or win any prizes.
- You can use a pen name, however your actual name along with your postal address must be clearly written on the back of your entry.
- All eligible entries will be published. (Eligibility refers to the poem’s content and originality.)
- Poems received which are deemed inappropriate by the editor(s) will be put forward for an alternative publication, which may or may not offer a prize. The editors’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- Poets eligible for publication will receive notification in writing. (A copyright form will be provided asking for Parent/Guardians permission to publish the work and confirmation the work is the author’s own original writing. At this time authors will be invited to purchase a copy of the publication their work appears in. Ordering is not a condition of publication. No purchase is necessary.)
- Bonacia Ltd will shortlist the finalists, who will be invited to attend the Poetry Rivals Poetry Slam Final. Poetry is subjective; therefore editor(s) will judge poems on their creativity, use of language, impact, originality, message and interest. Where appropriate the age of the poet will be taken into account. The editors’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- The shortlisted poets will be required to read their poem out to the judges and audience at the Poetry Rivals Poetry Slam Final. The winners will be selected and announced at the Poetry Slam Final. The judges’ decision is final and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
- To be eligible for a prize the shortlisted entrants must attend the Poetry Rivals Poetry Slam Final.
- The prizes are:
⇒ Under 12 – your own height in books
⇒ 12 Plus – Aspiring Author Package or £500
- The winners’ names, photos and poems will be used for publicity purposes.
- By attending the final, you accept as part of the terms and conditions that your photo may be used for publicity purposes.
- By entering Poetry Rivals you have accepted the Rules and Terms & Conditions of the competition.
Confirmation of delivery will be done automatically if your poem is emailed or uploaded. If you post your poem and require acknowledgement of receipt please include an S.A.E. Poetry Rivals cannot confirm receipt of any entries by telephone.
These rules were last updated on 08/07/16